Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Trip to Mardi Gras

Upon my arrival to NOLA, I was greeted at the airport by my friend who came bearing gifts.


While I was visiting, my friend hosted a dinner party for me to meet several of her local friends.







Friday night we braved the frigid weather to attend a few Mardi Gras parades. The wine helped keep us warm and made the parades and fellow revelers even more enjoyable.



By the end of the night, I had made a few new friends and even found the baby in the King Cake at the party. I am holding the little guy here (he’s green), and I was told that I will now have lots of good luck.



Saturday turned into a gorgeous, sunny day to watch a few more parades, and I got to see several people dressed like me walking with one of the floats.

The photo is a little blurry, but that’s my friend’s fault - kind of like the same issue I had with my friends in Miami :(




I also learned that if you look hungry enough, people on the floats will even throw you food. Although, I was not brave enough to actually eat any of it like this super-size sandwich one of my new friends is holding for me.



Great Trip!  Now I am back and waiting for my next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers